Nowadays, going out with friends is quite common for children, and they mostly don’t stop even if their parents tell them not to go. Some areas lie in the no-go category, and you warn your children not to go there, but what if they visit that area out of curiosity? That’s where geofencing can assist you. With the geofencing feature of Wondershare FamiSafe, one can restrict the areas for their kid, and if they visit that area, you’ll get a notification.
Moreover, FamiSafe is an innovative parental-control app by which you can also track a cell phone location for free without letting your kids know. Let’s get into the details of geofencing and how you can use it.
Part 1: What Do You Mean by Geofencing? How Does It Work?
According to web definitions, “Virtual perimeter for a real-world geographic area” is called Geofencing. It is important to know the whereabouts of your kids for their safety, and sometimes you have to do this without letting them know. You can use a geofence to know if your kid is out of a dangerous or restricted area.
What Is Geofencing by Definition?
Geofencing is a location-based service in which software programs or apps use Wi-Fi, radio frequency identification, or GPS in order to trigger a pre-programmed action when a specific device enters or exits the boundary setup around a geographical location.
How to Use Geofencing?
For geofencing, you first have to draw a virtual boundary around a location you wish to restrict by GPS or RFID-enabled software. You can also use certain software for geofencing and draw a circle of 100 feet on Google Maps.
Part 2: Introduction to Wondershare FamiSafe for Setting Up Geofences
Wondershare FamiSafe is a parental-control tool by which you can protect your kids digitally. Addictive behaviors on screens are increasing day by day, which is an alarming situation for parents. With the location services feature, you can find the live location of your kid, monitor their location history, and stop them from going to restricted areas by geofencing.
Moreover, one can control screen time and monitor the search history on any browser like Google or Safari effortlessly. To ensure that your kids never encounter inappropriate content, you can block inappropriate apps or enable safe search filters. If you wish to protect your kids online, jump into the next part and learn how to do that with a simple procedure.
Part 3: Guide On How to Perform Geofencing with Wondershare FamiSafe
Controlling and monitoring your kids online without letting them know is not that difficult. Follow the simple steps discussed below, and you can do it with reliable accuracy:
3.1 Install and Register FamiSafe on Parent’s Device
- Step 1: To get started, download FamiSafe from Google Play Store or App Store into your device. Once downloaded, tap on “Start.” You’ll see options for “Register,” “Login,” and “Continue as Guest.”
- Step 2: You can register a Wondershare ID in case you have no previous ID on FamiSafe, or log in with your Google, Apple, or Facebook ID. If you don’t want to log in, go for the guest option.
- Step 3: Following this, you will have to connect to your kid’s device, for which you will have to select the “Connect a device” option. For pairing up with your kid’s device, you will have two options: QR Code or Pairing Code.
3.2 Connect with Kid’s Device
- Method 1: You can connect with your kid’s device by pairing the code. Download and launch FamiSafe Jr on your kid’s device from Google Play Store or App Store. Once launched, tap on “Start” and “Connect Parents Device.” Type the pairing code present on the parent’s end.
- Method 2: To connect with your kid’s device by QR code, download Famisafe Jr on your kid’s device from Google Play Store or App Store. Launch FamiSafe Jr on your kid’s device and tap the “Start” button. You’ll be paired by scanning the QR code on the parent’s end.
3.3 Manage FamiSafe Access Management
Now, once your device is connected to your kid’s, you can grant access to the features of your choice. One can do it on both Android and iPhone platforms.
3.3.1 Manage Access for FamiSafe On Your Kid’s Android Device
- Step 1: Initially, go to the setting and allow “Accessibility” for FamiSafe Jr on your kid’s device. After this, activate the “Run in Background” option, by which you can block apps remotely. If you wish to change how apps appear, activate “Display Over Other Apps.”
- Step 2: If you want to get activity reports, activate “App Supervision,” and you’ll get activity reports remotely. Capturing the messages your kids are receiving will be possible if you activate “Notification Access.”
- Step 3: To set screen time, activate “Device Administration Permission.” Next, to enable FamiSafe to work in all situations like battery low, you have to enable the “Autostart” and disable the “Battery Saver” option. To get live location, monitor location history and activate “Location Services” for geofencing.
3.3.2 Manage Access for FamiSafe On Your Kid’s iOS Device
- Step 1: To get started, go to your iPhone settings and activate “Location” for FamiSafe. For monitoring and controlling the kid’s device, install FamiSafe Profile.
- Step 2: To protect your kids from inappropriate content, activate “Content Blockers” in the Safari settings.
3.4 Control and Manage Your Kid’s Device
Now, you will be able to easily control and manage your kid’s device on your phone. You can manage everything by setting time limits, tracking location, or capturing alerts. Moreover, this tool can also track location and filter web searches.
Wondershare FamiSafe is an exceptional parental-control app that can assist in ensuring your kid’s safety online. In simple words, you can control the whole device of your kid remotely without letting them know. Block inappropriate content, filter web searches, and set time limits effectively with this tool. Moreover, to ensure your kid is safe, track their live location and do geofencing efficiently with this tool.